Drop your new or gently used warm coats and jackets at any Prestige Cleaners location or KARM Thrift Store from November 4-26, 2013.
• 28th anniversary of Coats for the Cold. Our radio partner, WIVK –FM began the drive in 1985 after hearing a news story about a man who had frozen to death on the streets of Knoxville.
• “Coats for the Cold” has grown to one of the largest and most successful community events around Knoxville.
• Freshly cleaned, gently used coats of all sizes will be given away FREE to ANYONE in need of a coat - no pre-sign ups
• Distribution Saturday, Dec. 7 from 8am-12n at the KARM Thrift Store parking lot, 733 N. Hall of Fame Dr., Knoxville.
• In 2012 the drive netted around 11,000 coats and gave away 2,000 on event day
• WIVK, KARM, the KARM Thrift Stores, Prestige Cleaners and WVLT-TV are joint sponsors of Coats for the Cold
• Prestige Cleaners is a vital partner in the campaign – they clean every collected coat at no charge
• Coats are gathered at 14 KARM Thrift Store locations, 10 Prestige Cleaners locations in the area, and various other businesses who gathered coats and delivered them to the Thrift Stores or Prestige Cleaners locations
• Coats not distributed on Saturday, Dec. 7 will be given in bulk to area agencies including Head Start, the Knox County Schools, the Salvation Army, Mission of Hope, and many others
• Most needed coats are CHILDREN’S coats of all types, styles, sizes…both boys and girls.
• Additional great need for EXTRA LARGE coats for men and women….XL, XXL, and XXXL.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.