Cedar Springs Presbyterian celebrating 220 years

Knoxville, Tennessee Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church has experienced 220 years of bringing the gospel to East Tennessee.

Reverend Samuel Ramsey was the church's first minister when it all began in 1796 the year Tennessee was named as the 16th state.

At that time there were two churches, one called Upper Grassy Valley, the other Lower Grassy Valley.

Through the years it changed names and locations to it's current location on Kingston Pike.

There have only been 27 pastors in the church's 220 years serving the community and spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ.