Tis the season for warm soups, stews and chili. We've got a recipe for a white chicken chili you'll love.
What you need:
- 2 to 3 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 15-ounce cans of white beans (the Bush's white chili beans are delicious and add to the flavor!)
- 2 4-ounce cans of chopped green chilis
- 6 cups shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of sour cream
- packet of chili seasoning
- garlic and cayenne pepper
Put everything in the slow cooker, except for the sour cream and cheese. I sprinkle the garlic and cayenne pepper seasonings across the top, so feel free to go more or less here based on preference.
Cook on low for 4 hours, or on High for 2. Remove the chicken and shred it up then add it back in, along with the sour cream and cheese. Cook on high for another 30 minutes.
Chives, sour cream, and shredded cheese are all great garnishes but this already makes a creamy white chicken chili.