Job Title: Technical Media Producer (Master Control)
General Purpose of Position: The Technical Media Producer has the general responsibility for monitoring WVLT’s on-air streams, ingesting daily programming and commercials, monitoring newsroom assignment desk on weekends, and operating studio cameras for live, recorded and web productions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor both broadcast streams for WVLT.
· Operate master control video switcher, Harris automation, and Nexio Video Server, including the ability to effectively perform at the following: commercial/program ingesting, satellite operation, and a work knowledge of web streaming protocol.
· Operation of studio cameras and teleprompter
· Understanding of all equipment in master control area.
· Daily care and maintenance of equipment and studio.
· Work closely with all other departments to meet all daily demands.
· Understand the process of monitoring a newsroom assignment desk for potential news stories
· Great communication and people skills.
· Ability to multitask under time sensitive deadlines
· Strong technical & computer skills
· Master Control experience or production assistant experience is a plus
· Flexibility with scheduling and job assignments.
· Willingness to learn new hardware and software.
· Sitting or standing for long periods of time.
· Good English speaking skills, ability to speak clearly.
· Work schedule may vary due to operation demands, or possible permanent schedule changes.
· Work assignments will at times include morning, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Regular and reasonable work attendance required.
· Other Duties as assigned.
To apply for this position send your resume to HR@wvlt-tv.com or
Technical Media Producer
6450 Papermill Drive
Knoxville, TN 37919
Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company requiring pre-employment drug and background testing. WVLT/Gray Television participates in E-Verify. EOE
Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of management