KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Twenty-one people were rounded up on drug and gun charges over the past several weeks, according to Dept. of Justice indictment unsealed on Tuesday.
The suspects face a total of 45 charges, which were handed down by a Grand Jury in Greeneville on September 13. They are accused of possessing and trying to sell more than a ton of marijuana, more than ten pounds of cocaine, and oxycodone as well as money laundering and possession of firearms.
All of the suspects are in custody, according to the Dept. of Justice, and were identified as:
1. William McMahan, Jr., 35, of Newport, Tenn.;
2. Buford Rogers, 65, of Knoxville, Tenn.;
3. Lee Sharp, 56, of Sharps Chapel, Tenn.;
4. Rodney Settles, 47, of Mt. Juliet, Tenn.;
5. Audrey Jinks, 36, of Newport, Tenn.:
6. Richard Black, 45, of Cosby, Tenn.;.
7. Joyce Roberts, 44, of Newport, Tenn.;
8. Victor Loveday, Sr., 57, of Maryville, Tenn.;
9. Danny Richardson, 28, of New Tazewell, Tenn.;
10. Robbie Langford, 30,of Knoxville, Tenn.;
11. Charles Parker, 35, of Powell, Tenn.;
12. Dallas Parsley, 70, of East Bernstadt, Ky.;
13. Billy Gibson, 45, of Newport, Tenn.;
14. Jayson Cox, 35, of Maryville, Tenn.;
15. Victor Loveday, Jr., 31, of Maryville, Tenn.;
16. Monica Denton, 28, of Newport, Tenn.;
17. Gary Bridges, 51, of Sharps Chapel, Tenn.;
18. Terry Miller, 57, of Hartford, Tenn.;
19. Melonie Montanaro, 25, of Newport, Tenn.;
20. Brandon Miller, 25, of Newport, Tenn.; and,
21. Rodney Tullock, 48, of Afton, Tenn.
If they are convicted, they will face a mandatory ten year prison sentence and a ten million dollar fine, in addition to supervised release when they get out. The firearms charges could also carry five year prison sentences, which would be imposed consecutively to the drug trafficking charges.
Their expected to appear in court on November 1, 2011.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.