JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) -- A Jackson man is in jail on charges of making methamphetamine after his motel room caught fire.
Jackson police say they arrested 35-year-old Christopher Stanly Fondren on Sunday following a fire in his room at the Old Hickory Inn.
Fondren told firefighters he was microwaving a Hot Pocket pastry when it blew up. He was treated for minor burns to his face.
Firefighters called police after finding remnants of a meth lab in the room's melted trash can.
Police say several motel rooms were placed under quarantine until officials are certain there is no danger from the toxic materials used to make meth, an illegal stimulant.
Another suspect is being sought based on surveillance video and witnesses who said a second man had been in the room.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.