KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Five restaurants failed their Knox Co. Health Dept. inspections in this week's Behind the Kitchen Door.
Wendy's, 4407 Western Ave., had the worst score of the week, 61. Inspectors found the dishes weren't sanitized long enough, the hot water wasn't hot enough, the dishwasher didn't rinse, and toxic chemicals.
Prince Deli, 509 Lovell Road, earned a 66. Floors and cabinets were in disrepair, employees were using the handsink to clean wiping cloths rather than store them in sanitizer. Inspectors also found toxic chemicals and unlabeled food containers.
Vic and Bill's Deli, 3553 N. Broadway, got a 68. Inspectors found moldy sour cream, dented cans of pizza sauce, toxic chemicals, employees drinking from an open container, and an employee not using bleach when washing dishes.
Ruby Tuesday, 4834 N. Broadway, earned a 69. The restaurant was closed due to a leak in the ceiling over the main prep area. After the ceiling was repaired and it reopened, inspectors found an employee not washing hands, moldy tomatoes, and utensils stored in the handsink.
Silver Spoon, 7240 Kingston Pike, also earned a 69. The spinich con queso and cream cheese spread were stored at unsafe temperatures as well as all of the food in the reach in cooler. Wastewater leaked onto the floor and containers weren't labeled.
A lucky thirteen restaurants scored over 90 this week:
Coolato Gelato, 524 Gay Street, 90
Krystal, 7215 Strawberry Plains Pike, 91
Kirk's Catering, 7734 Westland Drive, 91
Kentucky Fried Chicken, 409 Cedar Bluff, 92
Dead End BBQ, 3621 Sutherland Ave., 93
Karen's Katering, 3825 Proffitt Lane, 93
Buddy's BBQ, 8402 Kingston Pike, 94
Snappy Tomato, 11507 Kingston Pike, 96
Jim's Amish Foods, 1121 Outlet Drive, 98
Dave's Dog House, 8308 Tidewater Court, 98