Big Kahuna BLT Burgers Thursday, May 24, 2012
Yield: 3 burgers
1 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® ground sirloin
3 T. BKW® Steak Rub
3 burger buns
3 T. mayonnaise (optional)
3 leaves bibb or green leaf lettuce
3 slices fresh tomato
6 slices cooked bacon
1.) Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef and steak rub; portion into three patties. Indent each patty in the center.
2.) Grill burgers about 5 minutes before flipping. Continue cooking until instant-read thermometer registers 160°F internal temperature. Remove burgers from grill and keep warm. Toast buns on hot grill if desired.
3.) Assemble burgers by layering bun bottom, mayo, lettuce, tomato, burger, bacon and bun top.
Build a better burger
• Start with the best ground beef. Look for the Certified Angus Beef ® brand at Food City. It must meet 10 strict quality standards in order to earn the name and deliver great taste in every bite.
• Shape ground beef gently into patties – don’t overwork the meat, which can make it tough.
• Be sure to let your grill preheat. When you place your patties on the grill, they should sizzle.
• Sear burgers on the grill, turning them gently with a spatula. Try not to move them too often, and be patient while they cook! It’s tempting to want to hurry them along, but resist the urge to poke them or smash them down -- that will allow those delicious juices to escape.
• Use a meat thermometer in the center of the patty to determine doneness; when it reads 160°F, they’re ready.
• Let burgers rest on a clean plate for a few minutes before serving while you gently toast sliced buns.