Recipe provided by Certified Angus Beef LLC
1 (2-3 pound) Certified Angus Beef ® New York strip roast
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup BKW Steak Rub
1. Preheat oven to 500 deg. Place roast, fat side up, in roasting pan fitted with rack. Rub roast with olive oil and season all sides with BKW® Steak Rub.
2. Place in oven for about 12 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300ºF and continue cooking about 15 to 20 minutes per pound depending on desired doneness.
3. Loosely tent roast with foil and let stand 15 minutes. Slice roast across the grain.
Easy Ground Beef Chili
Recipe provided by the Certified Angus Beef ® brand
3 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon ancho chili pepper
1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
2 jalepeños, stems removed and finely diced
1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed
1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
Optional toppings: shredded sharp cheddar, sour cream, diced green
1. In a large heavy-bottom pot add beef, onion and garlic over medium heat. Cook, breaking up large pieces until no pink remains, approximately 10 minutes. Drain excess fat if desired.
2. Add chili powder, cumin, ancho pepper, jalapeño and salt. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in tomatoes, sauce, beans and paste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Yields approximately 3 quarts.
Serves 8 to 12