KNOXVILLE, Tenn (WVLT) -- Just over 71% of flights had on-time arrivals across the United States in August, according to new U.S. Department of Transportation Bureau of Transportation Statistics released on Wednesday.
Knoxville's average for on-time arrivals in August was slightly below that average at 67.3%.
78.3% of departures were on-time.
In Atlanta, a hub for AirTran and Delta, 67.9% of arrivals were on-time, but only 62.7% of departures were on-time.
In Nashville, 73.5% of arrivals were on-time, and 76.8% of departures were on-time.
In Chattanooga, 61.7% of arrivals were on time, and 69.9% of departures were on-time.
In the Tri-Cities, only 50% of arrivals were on-time, and 63.2% of departures were on-time in August.
The fifth most delayed flight in the country was a flight from Atlanta to Tri-Cities.
Atlantic Southeast Airlines flight 4178 from Atlanta to Tri-Cities was late 96.30 percent of the time.
Other interesting statistics:
Highest On-Time Arrival Rates:
1. Aloha Airlines – 97.0 percent
2. Hawaiian Airlines – 93.6 percent
3. Southwest Airlines – 77.7 percent
Lowest On-Time Arrival Rates:
1. Atlantic Southeast Airlines – 55.0 percent
2. United Airlines – 66.2 percent
3. Alaska Airlines – 67.1 percent
Most Frequently Delayed Flights:
1. Atlantic Southeast Airlines flight 4361 from Alexandria, LA to Atlanta – late 100 percent of the time
2. Atlantic Southeast Airlines flight 4530 from Atlanta to Hilton Head, SC – late 100 percent of the time
3. ExpressJet Airlines flight 2185 from Nantucket, MA to Newark, NJ – late 96.77 percent of the time
4. SkyWest Airlines flight 4020 from Salt Lake City to Memphis, TN – late 96.43 percent of the time
5. Atlantic Southeast Airlines flight 4178 from Atlanta to Bristol/Johnson City/Kingsport, TN – late 96.30 percent of the time
Highest Rates of Canceled Flights:
1. Atlantic Southeast Airlines – 4.0 percent
2. Mesa Airlines – 3.9 percent
3. Pinnacle Airlines – 3.8 percent
Lowest Rates of Canceled Flights:
1. Frontier Airlines – 0.2 percent
2. Aloha Airlines – 0.2 percent
3. Southwest Airlines – 0.5 percent
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.