Sevier County (WVLT) - One woman is in the hospital with burns after a grease fire in her apartment complex in Sevier County.
Police say the fire started just after 9:00pm at the Meadows Apartments off Old Newport Highway.
A family member says Courtney Highley was cooking when the grease caught fire, giving her second degree burns down both her legs and feet.
Her downstairs neighbors say she grabbed her baby and ran to them for help.
Hospital officials say Courtney will likely be discharged sometime Tuesday morning.
Neighbors say courtney was smart to get out of her apartment with her child as quickly as possible.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.