Knoxville (WVLT) - It's business as usal today for employees at Bonanza Produce where 34 people were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes Tuesday night.
Authorities say problems with a propane forklift caused the building to fill up with the toxic fumes.
Those affected were sent to six different hospitals here in Knoxville, most were treated and released.
The Knoxville Fire Department says the carbon monoxide was nearly ten times the level required for evacuation
KFD checked the building and gave the owners the all clear late Tuesday night.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.