UPDATE: Bonanza Produce employees return to work

Knoxville (WVLT) - It's business as usal today for employees at Bonanza Produce where 34 people were overcome by carbon monoxide fumes Tuesday night.

Authorities say problems with a propane forklift caused the building to fill up with the toxic fumes.

Those affected were sent to six different hospitals here in Knoxville, most were treated and released.

The Knoxville Fire Department says the carbon monoxide was nearly ten times the level required for evacuation

KFD checked the building and gave the owners the all clear late Tuesday night.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 12411091 - local8now.com/a?a=12411091