TMZ: Brad Renfro died of accidental heroin overdose

By: Natalie Greathouse
By: Natalie Greathouse

LOS ANGELES, CA (WVLT) The Los Angeles County Coroner today, confirmed that actor Brad Renfro died from an accidental overdose of heroin.

According to the celebrity website, TMZ.com, the cause of death was ruled "acute heroin/morphine intoxication," and the drugs were injected, according to the coroner's office.

The 25-year-old Renfro was found dead in his L.A. home on January 15.

As a young boy, Renfro got in and out of trouble here in Knoxville, where he was raised until he got the part of a lifetime in the movie based on the book, "The Client."

A funeral was held here in Knoxville, where Renfro's family still resides.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 15450156 - local8now.com/a?a=15450156
Gray Television, Inc.