PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The Pigeon Forge Fire Department says someone has been airlifted to the hospital after pool chemicals were mixed at the Family Inn North, 3239 Parkway in Pigeon Forge.
It reportedly happened early Friday afternoon.
Family Inn North spokesman Kenneth Seaton says an employee was exposed to fumes after he mixed acid and chlorine. The employee was taken to the hospital by helicopter. Seaton says he should be fine.
The fire department says there are crews on the scene working to clean up the mess.
Seaton says the fire department recently tested the pool water, and the results show the water is okay.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.