Hazardous Materials Unit called to Downtown Grill and Brewery

By: Courtney Elledge Email
By: Courtney Elledge Email

Knoxville, Tenn. The Knoxville Hazardous Materials Unit got an early wake up call this morning. Around 3 a.m. crews were called to Downtown Grill and Brewery Restaurant on Gay Street.

An employee accidentally broke the CO-2 tube causing the gas to leak into the store. Firefighters were able to quickly turn off the hose.

The area is now safe and the restaurant will open as normal, at 11 a.m.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 224204161 - local8now.com/a?a=224204161
Gray Television, Inc.