KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Knoxville-area busineses are saying "thank you" this Veterans Day with a number of special programs. If you know of something we haven't listed here, add it to the comments section of this story, add it to our list at facebook.com/volunteertv or join the conversation on Twitter @wvlt using the tag #veteransdayKnox.
November 11, 2013:
- get a free meal at Calhoun's Restaurant with military I.D.
- free haircuts to military veterans and active service members at Frank’s Barbershop; the barbershop will provide free hot dogs and apple pie for anyone who stops by.
- free haircut cards on Veterans Day at Great Clips with I.D.
- free all-American burger at Shoney’s Knoxville, Maryville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and other location. Must show proof of service.
- free lunch (10 entrees to choose from) at Texas Roadhouse for veterans and active members of the military from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- free showers for professional drivers on Veterans Day at Pilot Flying J Travel Centers; must show valid proof of service
November 12 and November 13, 2013:
- Echo Bistro will provide a five-course complimentary dinner to all veterans and active military members. Reservations required; call 865-602-2090.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.