Tazewell, Claiborne County (WVLT) - A firefighter is injured while fighting a fire at a motel in Claiborne County Wednesday morning.
Authorities say the firefighter was taken to the hospital, after slipping on some ice.
Investigators say the fire started at the Dixie Plaza motel in Tazewell about 3:30 a.m. Wednesday and spread quickly to eleven rooms, leaving several people out in the cold.
Motel owners Dorothy and Johnny Sayani say it's hard to see their hard work destroyed by fire, "When we took over this motel we were so excited and I was decorating each and every room, putting the pictures and bedspreads and everything and now as I went through those rooms its just devastating."
The Sayanis say they would like to be back open for business in about three months, but they're still waiting on investigators to assess the damage, before making any decisions about the motel's future.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.