Knoxville (WVLT) - Firefighters tell us smoke detectors helped save the lives of a Farragut family Thursday evening.
They say flames were coming through the roof when they arrived on Loop Road just after seven p.m.
The homeowners told firefighters they were finishing dinner when they noticed smoke in the home. That's when the smoke detectors went off, and they all got out of the home safely.
Firefighters say the fire started in the fireplace, but they're not sure how.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.