Knoxville (WVLT) - Investigators are looking into what may have sparked a fire at a home in North Knoxville Thursday morning.
Just after nine o'clock, firefighters responded to the fire on Piedmont.
The five residents, two adults and three children, did make it out.
However, the two adults had to be taken to UT Medical Center with burns.
Danny Williams also lives in the home, but had just gotten to work when he got the call that his house was on fire.
"I've been remodeling then all of a sudden, out of the blue, I was just finishing up my windows this weekend and that was going to be the last thing before starting on the inside and now I just have to start over," says Williams.
His wife, Virginia, and daughter, Angela, were the ones taken to the hospital.
We don't know the extent of the burns but they were not life threatening.
One firefighter was also taken to the hospital, but officials say it was because he wasn't feeling well and appeared to be suffering from exhaustion.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.