Maryville (WVLT) - What started as just a normal day turned into something very different for one Maryville woman at work who ended up saving a child's life.
AAA travel agent Angela Monroe says she was working at her desk when a woman came in frantic because her child was choking.
Monroe says the child followed behind with his hands on his throat.
She then administered the Heimlich maneuver on the child, and a piece of hard candy popped right out.
"She kept hugging me and thanking me for saving her little boy and stuff like that, so she was trying to get her calmed down," Monroe said.
Monroe attributes her quick thinking and cool reaction to having had Red Cross training on choking in the last year.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.