Powell, Knox County (WVLT) - Knox County investigators say they do not suspect foul play in the death of a man found overnight on Stanley Road in Powell.
Authorities say crews responded to a fire at the grand oaks trailer park about 1:00 a.m. Thursday.
When they got there, the fire was out, but they found a man's body.
Investigators say they believe the man tried to put out of the fire and died as a result of exertion, caused by a medical crisis.
Fire crews say they believe the fire was caused by a cigarette in the bed.
An autopsy is being performed to determine the exact cause of death.
The victim's name is not being released at this time.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.