Knoxville (WVLT) - Students are back in class, following a gas leak late this morning outside Sarah Moore Greene Magnet School on Brooks Avenue in East Knoxville.
Authorities say maintenance crews were mowing the grass this morning when they hit a gas meter, causing a valve to open.
KUB and KPD responded, shutting the gas off immediately and the school was evacuated for about 15 minutes.
No one was injured.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.