Gas Leak Forces Brief Evacuation at School

Knoxville (WVLT) - Students are back in class, following a gas leak late this morning outside Sarah Moore Greene Magnet School on Brooks Avenue in East Knoxville.

Authorities say maintenance crews were mowing the grass this morning when they hit a gas meter, causing a valve to open.

KUB and KPD responded, shutting the gas off immediately and the school was evacuated for about 15 minutes.

No one was injured.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2015 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 6885887 -
Gray Television, Inc.