Knoxville (WVLT) - Lightning strikes a West Knox County home during Wednesday afternoon's storm, igniting a small fire in the attic.
Rural Metro firefighters quickly put out the fire on Dunwoody Boulevard about 4:00 p.m., no one was hurt.
Authorities say the bolt energized the house, blowing several big holes in walls near electrical outlets.
Fire officials cut off natural gas to the home after smelling a strong odor.
A utility crew is investigating for gas leaks.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.