Knoxville (WVLT) - Lightning strikes a West Knox County home during Wednesday afternoon's storm, igniting a small fire in the attic.
Rural Metro firefighters quickly put out the fire on Dunwoody Boulevard about 4:00 p.m., no one was hurt.
Authorities say the bolt energized the house, blowing several big holes in walls near electrical outlets.
Fire officials cut off natural gas to the home after smelling a strong odor.
A utility crew is investigating for gas leaks.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.