Oak Ridge, Anderson County (WVLT) - More than one hundred workers evacuated from a Y-12 building Wednesday won't know until Wednesday night if they'll be allowed back in the building Thursday.
But Y-12 officials tell WVLT they fully expect the building to reopen Thursday.
The reason for the evacuation around 1:00 p.m., sparks were observed in a machine shop dust collector undergoing maintenance.
Y-12 says the dust was from a lithium compound.
A spokesperson says no fire or smoke was observed.
There were no injuries, and there was no radiological material involved.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.