Vonore (WVLT) Vonore Elementary School in Monroe County will be closed Wednesday as a precaution.
The school was evacuated this morning due to a propane leak.
Mia Rhodarmer from the Monroe County Advocate & Democrat reports that there was a propane leak on the valve of a propane tank just outside the school near the playground.
Rhodarmer reports that as soon as the gas odor was smelled outside, the building was evacuated and students were taken to Vonore Middle School to continue the day.
Parents could pick up their children from the middle school without a penalty for them being absent today, but classes continued at the middle school.
At the end of the day, students were able to ride the bus home from the middle school.
The propane leak has been fixed.
Stay with Volunteer TV News and volunteertv.com for continued coverage of this developing news story.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.