Oak Ridge apartment fire starts while cooking Easter brunch

OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WVLT)-- An Easter lunch quickly turned dangerous Sunday morning in Oak Ridge.

The Oak Ridge Fire Department says a woman was cooking oil in a pan, when the oil ignited and her apartment went up in flames.

No one was injured and firefighters say damage was only done to that one unit.

The family is being assisted by the American Red Cross.

The apartment is on Wade Lane in Oak Ridge.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 255936101 - local8now.com/a?a=255936101
Gray Television, Inc.