MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- A 55-year-old woman has died after an apartment fire.
It happened just before noon, Saturday on Lord Avenue.
Maryville Fire Department Chief Tony Crisp tells Local 8 News the woman died from smoke inhalation.
No one else was injured.
The complex had a total of 4 brick units, all on one level.
The Maryville Police Department is investigating what may have sparked the blaze.
Dispatch received several calls from people who saw flames. The first call came in at 11:42 a.m.
There are currently no updates as to the fire's cause or damage.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.