KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- A Knox County Deputy rescued a woman from a house fire in North Knox County Saturday afternoon.
Deputy Greg Black arrived at the home on Aultom Lane in Powell shortly before 2 p.m. and found smoke coming from the kitchen.
KCSO says he pulled Brenda Thompson from a closet and got her outside. He then went back inside to put out the grease fire.
She was taken to St. Mary's North where she was treated for smoke inhalation.
Dep. Black was treated on the scene for smoke inhalation and inhaling the fumes from the fire extinguisher.
Dep. Black was involved in another rescue on February 3 when a woman ran her car off Emory Road and into water.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.