Elderly couple escapes overnight fire in Seymour

Seymour, Tenn (WVLT) - An elderly couple was not injured after their Seymour home caught fire early Friday morning.

It broke out a little after midnight at a home on Bud King Lane. That's off McCammon Road.

Crews arrived to find the home engulfed in flames.

They had to truck in water because there was no hydrant in the area.

Neighbors say the husband smelled smoke, work up his wife and the two got out.

They are staying with relatives who live next door.

The home is a total loss and authorities have not said how the fire started.

Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus


6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 185635902 - local8now.com/a?a=185635902
Gray Television, Inc.