Employees put customers first when restaurant catches on fire

KNOXVILLE, Tenn.(WVLT)--Going out for a burger got a lot more exciting for folks at the Krystals on Broadway.

Knoxville Fire tells us that a fire at the restaurant just after 8pm Monday night. Smoke quickly filled the building. Some quick thinking managers hurriedly rushed employees and customers from the smoke filled building.

Power was cut to the building and firefighters quickly went to work looking for the source of the smoke. The found it started in a heat and air unit on the roof of the restaurant.

The business will remain closed for the evening and evaluate damages in the morning.

Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus


6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 177406771 - local8now.com/a?a=177406771
Gray Television, Inc.