KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- The final autopsy report of hiker Jenny Bennett shows she died of hypothermia from being partially submerged in Porter's Creek. She also had a toxic level of diphenhydramine concentration in her blood and that suggests an internal overdose. This was also considered a factor in her death.
Bennett did have bruises on her right hip and elbow, showing that she fell. Medical examiners did not find any internal or musculoskeletal trauma.
Bennett was reported missing on June 7, 2015 and found the next day by rangers in the Greenbrier area of the park.
Bennett was from Sylva, N.C. and ran a blog about her trips to the Smoky Mountains. She was a member of the Smoky Mountain Hiking Club and often liked to hike off trail in the park.