Fire destroys family's home

KNOXVILLE, Tenn.(WVLT)--The fire began in the chimney and soon got out of control.

It spread to the rest of the house. Firefighters tell Local 8 News' Allie Spillyards the home is a total loss.

No reports of any injuries.

Stay with Local8now.com and Local 8 News for new information.


Join the Conversation!

While WVLT allows comments on articles, we ask that you respect the online community. Comments may be removed at any time for violations including:

  • Obscenity, profanity, vulgarity, racism, violent descriptions, name-calling or personal attacks.
  • Abuse of multiple accounts.
  • Off-topic comments.

Comments may be checked for inappropriate content or rule violation, but the station is under no legal obligation to monitor or remove comments. If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator. 
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 195595381 - local8now.com/a?a=195595381
Gray Television, Inc.