KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT)- Flames forced several people out of a duplex Saturday morning.
The Knoxville Fire Department says the fire broke out on Cornelia Street, in North Knoxville, just before 9:30.
A total of seven people were in the building at the time of the fire.
One of those people was taken to the hospital, complaining of chest pains.
The renters tell investigators that the fire appears to have started near an electrical outlet, in the back unit of the duplex. It then spread to upper floor and the attic.
It took crews about a half an hour to get things under control.