CROSSVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) A Crossville nursing home caught fire Friday afternoon.
It happened in a patient's room at Wyndridge Rehabilitation and Health Center. The source of the fire was an air conditioner wall unit.
22 people were taken to Cumberland Medical Center along with seven employees and two firefighters. Most were treated for smoke inhalation.
Billy Boggs, whose dad lives at Wyndridge, is glad he's OK.
"I was scared to death," says Boggs.
Patricia Kilby works at Wyndridge, she was on her break when the fire happened. She said, "I hear the fire alarm going and I went in to the laundry to shut everything down."
The Crossville Fire Department is investigating as to why the air condition unit caught fire in the first place.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.