KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Firefighters rescued an elderly woman from a small fire Saturday night.
Knoxville Fire Department Captain D.J. Corcoran tells Local 8 News a kitchen fire sparked on the 13th floor of Westview Towers around 7:15. Crews were able to extinguish the blaze quickly.
The woman was stuck on that floor until firefighters helped get her out.
Corcoran says she suffered minor smoke inhalation.
The apartment building has a lot of water and smoke damage to clean up, but they say they're glad everyone is okay.
The towers are an assisted living facility in West Knoxville.
About 240 people were evacuated. No other injuries were reported.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.