KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Authorities have identified the Knoxville Utilities Board contract worker who died after receiving an electrical shock on Monday.
According to the Knoxville Police Dept., Michael Tallent died Tuesday while being treated at UT Medical Center. The 27 year-old Powell man worked for W&O Construction Company of Livingston.
Police said he was standing under electrical wires at a water treatment plant near the University of Tennessee campus when he was hit by a bolt of electricity.
A crane with a line dangling from it was near the overhead wires, but police did not immediately say how the man received the shock.
The Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate the death.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.