KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Knoxville-area busineses are saying "thank you" this Veterans Day with a number of special programs. If you know of something we haven't listed here, add it to the comments section of this story, add it to our list at facebook.com/volunteertv or join the conversation on Twitter @wvlt using the tag #veteransdayKnox.
November 11, 2013:
- get a free meal at Calhoun's Restaurant with military I.D.
- free haircuts to military veterans and active service members at Frank’s Barbershop; the barbershop will provide free hot dogs and apple pie for anyone who stops by.
- free haircut cards on Veterans Day at Great Clips with I.D.
- free all-American burger at Shoney’s Knoxville, Maryville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and other location. Must show proof of service.
- free lunch (10 entrees to choose from) at Texas Roadhouse for veterans and active members of the military from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- free showers for professional drivers on Veterans Day at Pilot Flying J Travel Centers; must show valid proof of service
November 12 and November 13, 2013:
- Echo Bistro will provide a five-course complimentary dinner to all veterans and active military members. Reservations required; call 865-602-2090.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.