KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - A Knoxville man escaped injury after his home caught fire tonight.
Firefighters say the man was chopping wood outside his Scottish Avenue Pike.
But he noticed smoke coming from his home around 6:30 and called 911.
He told investigators he had been burning wood in his fireplace and thought it was out.
Family members living across the street are helping the man.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.