KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - A Knoxville man escaped injury after his home caught fire tonight.
Firefighters say the man was chopping wood outside his Scottish Avenue Pike.
But he noticed smoke coming from his home around 6:30 and called 911.
He told investigators he had been burning wood in his fireplace and thought it was out.
Family members living across the street are helping the man.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.