KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Lightning is being blamed for an early morning fire at an east Knoxville roofing company. Firefighters were called to Wholesale Roofing Supply, 1321 Chilhowee Ave., around 6:20 a.m. Friday morning, according to the Knoxville Fire Department.
When they got there, firefighters found the left rear of the building smoldering. They made their way to the roof and and peeled back an 8' X 8' section, exposed the charred damage underneath. They were then able to quickly put it out.
No injuries were reported.
The business owner even told firefighters he planned on opening up shop.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.