CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) -- Fire investigators are looking into how fireworks touched off a late night blaze that torched a house in Chattanooga.
Fire officials say the blaze started at about 11 p.m. Friday when the owner of vacant house heard the noise of fireworks before looking outside and seeing the home next door on fire.
Willis Brown told WRCB-TV in Chattanooga the house sustained $10,000 in damage and needs significant repairs before it will be livable again.
Brown says the fire started on top of the porch before burning through part of the home.
Brown says he heard people talking and yelling before seeing the flames.
Fire officials were still investigating Saturday afternoon.