CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) -- Fire investigators are looking into how fireworks touched off a late night blaze that torched a house in Chattanooga.
Fire officials say the blaze started at about 11 p.m. Friday when the owner of vacant house heard the noise of fireworks before looking outside and seeing the home next door on fire.
Willis Brown told WRCB-TV in Chattanooga the house sustained $10,000 in damage and needs significant repairs before it will be livable again.
Brown says the fire started on top of the porch before burning through part of the home.
Brown says he heard people talking and yelling before seeing the flames.
Fire officials were still investigating Saturday afternoon.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.