Propane fire leaves one man hospitalized

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - The Knoxville Fire Department responded to a fire on Fair Drive early Saturday morning after a man says his propane heater ignited in flames.

The man was trying to light the portable heater and told firefighters he may have cross threaded the propane cylinder, allowing gas to fill the room.

Firefighters say the house was significantly damaged and the living room gutted. The man plans to stay with family members for now.

The man drove himself to the hospital with first degree burns on his face and arms.

KFD reminds to always use caution when operating any portable/alternative heat such as propane or kerosene, making sure to follow the manufactures suggestions.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 199685121 - local8now.com/a?a=199685121
Gray Television, Inc.