A family in Scott County was not injured when their home went up in flames, but four puppies they bred did not.
The fire started inside the house in Robbins and spread to nearby cars and eventually the woods.
The homeowners say they breed dogs and several of their puppies had already been purchased.
"When I arrived here, I had two structures one of them was fully involved and the roof on the second structure had caught on fire and then finally the sparks blowed over and caught the woods on fire. Two additional fire departments and forestry." Lt. Wendell Smithers of the South Scott Fire Department told us.
Firefighters managed to save some dogs. The home is a complete loss and right now authorities aren't sure how the fire started.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.