SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- A sprinkler system saved a Sevierville Red Lobster from burning down Sunday morning.
Sevierville firefighters were called to the Parkway restaurant just before 5 a.m. on Sunday. No one was inside when firefighters arrived.
According to SFD Fire Marshal Tommy White, it appeared the fire started in a pile of empty boxes and trash located inside the rear door of the restaurant. “The cause of the fire is likely improperly discarded embers from a wood-burning stove,” said Fire Marshal White.
Firefighter say the overhead sprinkler was turned on and quickly put out the fire. No Damage was reported and the restaurant was allowed to open on Sunday.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.