Restaurant fire extinguished by sprinklers

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- A sprinkler system saved a Sevierville Red Lobster from burning down Sunday morning.

Sevierville firefighters were called to the Parkway restaurant just before 5 a.m. on Sunday. No one was inside when firefighters arrived.

According to SFD Fire Marshal Tommy White, it appeared the fire started in a pile of empty boxes and trash located inside the rear door of the restaurant. “The cause of the fire is likely improperly discarded embers from a wood-burning stove,” said Fire Marshal White.

Firefighter say the overhead sprinkler was turned on and quickly put out the fire. No Damage was reported and the restaurant was allowed to open on Sunday.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180913851 - local8now.com/a?a=180913851
Gray Television, Inc.