Seymour veteran loses nearly everything in fire

SEYMOUR, Tenn. (WVLT) -- A Seymour veteran lost nearly everything after a fire destroyed his business and home off Chapman Highway Friday evening.

The fire started around 6 p.m. at the Seymour Flea Market at the intersection of Chapman Hwy and Shiloh Church Rd.

Fire crews ran into problems putting the flames out due to the limited water supply at the scene and the highly flammable antiques and furniture inside.

Crews were forced to shut down Chapman Hwy in both directions for several hours.

Bud Counsio ran the Flea Market, and he also lived there with several pets, which were trapped inside.

Counsio says he was coming home from the VA Clinic when he got a call, " Get here fast because your place is up in smoke."

The fire destroyed nearly everything at the Flea Market, including his home on the property.

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2015 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 206061051 -
Gray Television, Inc.