In this Wednesday, March 6, 2013 image taken from video obtained from the Ugarit News, which has been authenticated based on its contents and other AP reporting, a Free Syrian Army fighter stands next to United Nations Disengagement Observer vehicle near Golan Heights in the southern province of Daraa, Syria. Clashes between Syrian troops and rebel fighters flared on Thursday near an area where armed fighters linked to the opposition abducted 21 U.N. peacekeepers a day earlier. In an online video, a man identified as a spokesman for the Martyrs of Yarmouk Brigades said his group will hold the peacekeepers until Assad�s forces withdraw from Jamlah. (AP Photo/Ugarit News via AP video)
DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) -- Syrian state media says the government has reached an agreement with the United Nations to allow a U.N. team of experts to visit the site of last week's alleged chemical weapons attack.
State TV also said in a statement Sunday that the two sides are working to set the date and time of the visit to the agreed upon locations outside Damascus purportedly hit by chemical agents on Aug. 22.
The purported chemical attack that activists say killed hundreds of civilians in rebel-held areas around Damascus took place on Wednesday, Aug. 21.
The discrepancy in the dates could not be immediately reconciled.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.