JEFFERSON CITY, Tenn. (iWitness) -- Lakeway Volunteer Fire Dept with the assistance of Dandridge Vol.Fire and Kansas Talbott Vol Fire responded to a fire on Hwy 92 Friday morning that destroyed a family's home. Dispatch notified the dept responding that oxygen tanks were at the front entrance of the home.
The house at 728 North Highway 92 caught fire around 3 a.m. Friday. All eight residents were able to get out safely.
Officials say the home was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived. The crews said they saw several oxygen bottles, which led to several explosions.
However, according to a preliminary investigation, an electrical heater in the basement may be to blame for the fire.
Officials are helping the family find a place to stay.
(This information was submitted by Lakeway Volunteer Fire Department.)
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.