JEFFERSON CITY, Tenn. (iWitness) -- Lakeway Volunteer Fire Dept with the assistance of Dandridge Vol.Fire and Kansas Talbott Vol Fire responded to a fire on Hwy 92 Friday morning that destroyed a family's home. Dispatch notified the dept responding that oxygen tanks were at the front entrance of the home.
The house at 728 North Highway 92 caught fire around 3 a.m. Friday. All eight residents were able to get out safely.
Officials say the home was fully engulfed in flames when crews arrived. The crews said they saw several oxygen bottles, which led to several explosions.
However, according to a preliminary investigation, an electrical heater in the basement may be to blame for the fire.
Officials are helping the family find a place to stay.
(This information was submitted by Lakeway Volunteer Fire Department.)